FM Qureshi to leave for China on two-day visit today - AlJazeera Pk News

Technology

test banner

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Health

Thursday, July 22, 2021

FM Qureshi to leave for China on two-day visit today

Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi will be visiting China today as part of the high-level exchanges between the two countries, the Foreign Office has said. "On the invitation of the State Councilor and Foreign Minister Mr Wang Yi, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi will visit China from 23-24 July 2021," read an official communique released on Friday. The statement added that the foreign minister will be accompanied by senior officials. It added that the visit was part of the high-level exchanges between Pakistan and China. During the visit, both sides will inter alia discuss further deepening of bilateral relations, focus on cooperation in the high quality development under China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), defence and security cooperation, Covid-19 vaccines, counter-terrorism and regional and international issues of mutual interest. "The visit will play an important role in further strengthening Pakistan-China “All-Weather Strategic Cooperative Partnership” and will expand strategic communication and coordination with China on a range of issues." The Foreign Office further stated that, "This year, Pakistan and China are celebrating the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations." Read Chinese investigators arrive in Pakistan to probe Dasu bus incident "More than 100 celebratory events have been planned of which over 60 events have already been held so far. These celebrations have immensely contributed to injecting a fresh vigour and warmth in the traditional friendship," the statement read. "Pakistan and China are the closest friends and staunch partners. The time-tested Pakistan-China relationship is based on unparalleled mutual trust, understanding and commonality of interests. Both sides are fully committed to building closer China-Pakistan Community of Shared Future," the statement concluded. On June 18, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri said that work on Dasu hydropower project would resume soon, as both Pakistan and China remained committed to the timely completion of this project and others being undertaken with Chinese cooperation. Responding to media queries regarding a notification by the Chinese company, the spokesperson in a statement said: "The Chinese construction company, China Gezhouba Group Corporation (CGGC) through its latest notification has declared its earlier notice, about contract termination of employment of Pakistani personnel working on Dasu Hydropower Project, null and void.” He further said matters regarding security and execution of the project were being looked into, and the relevant authorities from Pakistan and China have been in close contact on the same.

from Pakistan News, Latest News Pakistan, Pakistan Headline | eTribune https://ift.tt/3iCxGSO
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here